Past into future: making local history accessible for current and future generations
Thursday 21st April at Morden Library, London.
Cost: Free

Local Studies Collections are vital repositories which need to be preserved, protected and promoted. We have a shared interest in safeguarding what may sometimes be an undervalued part of our cultural heritage. Join us on Thursday 21st April for some positive thinking and encouragement!

There will be a chance to be inspired by the winner of the 2015 CILIP LSG McCulla Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Christoph Bull, learn more about the digitisation, volunteer and HLF funded projects run by Sarah Gould of the London Borough of Merton’s Heritage and Local Studies Centre. The day will end with a tour of the Heritage Centre.

The day will also include a short presentation from Martin Hayes of the Great War West Sussex 1914-18 project, which won the Alan Ball Award for the best Local Studies Book published in 2014 & 2015. The day will end with a tour of the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre.

Most importantly, there will also be a chance to share your own successes and concerns with other practitioners during discussion sessions and a networking “packed lunch”. We will ask you to give an update about your service and your concerns as part of the booking process.

Please note, lunch is not provided though lunch can be purchased from shops close to Morden Library.

To book, please visit: https://localstudiesforum2016.eventbrite.co.uk and if you have any questions please contact Norma Crowe via [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Tony Pilmer
Librarian

National Aerospace Library