From: Dave Caroline [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 February 2016 09:54
To: Meic Pierce Owen
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Title length

What I see here is lack of knowledge of how a search engine works, if you just take the meaning of a title a search engine has a much harder time matching the users exact search term(original title) to your edited form with the meaning.

Any form of prettifying a title to any rules presupposes the search engine know the rules you used.

An example title
Mechanisms of high-frequency generation of vibrations in resiliently packaged systems

Prettify and try searching and also search that string

Dave Caroline
Securing the future... - Improving services - Enhancing quality of
life - Making best use of public resources.

The information in this email is solely for the intended recipients.

If you are not an intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
or distribute its contents or use them in any way: please advise
the sender immediately and delete this email.

Perth & Kinross Council, Live Active Leisure Limited and
TACTRAN do not warrant that this email or any attachments are
virus-free and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage
resulting from any virus infection. Perth & Kinross Council may
monitor or examine any emails received by its email system.

The information contained in this email may not be the views of
Perth & Kinross Council, Live Active Leisure Limited or TACTRAN.
It is possible for email to be falsified and the sender cannot be
held responsible for the integrity of the information contained in it.

Requests to Perth & Kinross Council under the Freedom of
Information (Scotland) Act should be directed to the Freedom of
Information Team - email: [log in to unmask]

General enquiries to Perth & Kinross Council should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475000.

General enquiries to Live Active Leisure Limited should be made
[log in to unmask] or 01738 454600.

General enquiries to TACTRAN should be made to
[log in to unmask] or 01738 475775.