Advanced Bayesian Modelling with BUGS

MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, UK, 18-19 May 2016

This course is designed for statisticians who want to improve their
command of the BUGS modelling software.  We will assume a previous
knowledge of BUGS to the level of our companion course "Introduction to
Bayesian statistics using BUGS".  Through a mixture of lectures and
practical exercises, participants will learn how the BUGS language can
be used to build models that represent the complexities of real data.

Topics to be covered include hierarchical modelling, missing data,
measurement error, censoring and truncation, meta-analysis and general
evidence synthesis.  Throughout we emphasise thoughtful choices of prior
distribution, and checking and comparing fitted models.  The WinBUGS,
OpenBUGS and JAGS software and their R interfaces will all be supported.

Instructors: Dr Christopher Jackson, Dr Robert Goudie & Dr Anne Presanis

For further details and registration, see

http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/training/short-courses/advanced-bayesian-modelling-with-bugs/

--
Christopher Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Senior Statistician, MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public

SIGNOFF allstat