Thank you, Gordon. Chesterton's *Francis* is available in Project Gutenberg
<http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks09/0900611.txt> and I checked for this
quotation, but it's not there. Still searching... -- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3267 4804  |  mobile: 044 882 4996