Thanks for your balanced response, Bob. I have and always will support pro-library initiatives and look forward to seeing a reformed CILIP that abandons its past divisive policies and adopts action that embraces and unites library workers.

Charlotte Stock

From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Usherwood
Sent: 17 December 2015 18:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: CILIP's "My Library By Right" campaign - sign the petition

I  hope that all colleagues will sign this petition and that they will support and give due recognition to  CILIP's action. As someone who was taken to task by CILIP management,  for suggesting that it was widely perceived as neglecting the ideological destruction of public libraries and indeed other public service,  I believe  that,  under its new leadership, our professional body  is   now much more willing to listen to members' views and take action. I suspect that some of the luke-warm responses to the present initiative  are the result of  an understandable anger at the inaction of the recent past. We owe it to those who have been,  or will be, deprived,  of a professional  and ethical public library service to support CILIP when their service and  our profession is under such  serious and visible  threat.  Let us give praise where praise is due and not only sign the petition but do our best to support the many other activities outlined in Rachel Kudlick's  email.

Bob Usherwood