Da: Sue Porter
Inviato: ‎02/‎12/‎2015 18:35
A: [log in to unmask]
Oggetto: International Day of Disabled People

Good wishes to you on this the International Day of Disabled People.

The International Day of Disabled People was created by the United Nations in 1992 to promote awareness, and mobilise support, for the estimated one billion disabled people around the world facing barriers to inclusion.
This year the theme is Inclusion Matters: Access and Empowerment of People of All Abilities.

How is it for you?

My name is Sue Porter and I'm a researcher based at the Norah Fry Research Centre, at the University of Bristol, and we are involved in a research project funded by the ESRC called Tackling Disabling Practices: Co-production and Change.  As part of this project we are interested to hear stories from the lives of disabled people working and learning in the universities, and thought the International Day of Disabled People would be a great opportunity to share experiences.

How is it for you as a disabled person working and/or learning in higher education? Post us a story from your day in words or images, whatever format is best for you, at  https://gettingthingschanged.wordpress.com/2015/12/02/we-want-to-hear-your-stories/

Inline images 1
Thank You. ​    Sue

--
Sue Porter. [log in to unmask]  Tel: +44(0)1173310993.
Research Fellow, Norah Fry Research Centre. University of Bristol.

Disability is not a 'brave struggle' or 'courage in the face of adversity'... disability is an art. It's an ingenious way to live.  Neil Marcus

Take a listen to Going for a Walk - http://walkinginterconnections.com/audio-play-going-for-a-walk/
See my most recent publications:
The SAGE Encyclopedia of Action Research (2014) David Coghlan & Mary Brydon-Miller (eds). Sage.
Collaborative Writing as Inquiry (2014) Speedy. J and Wyatt, J (Eds.) Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Press.  http://www.cambridgescholars.com/collaborative-writing-as-inquiry-3