Hi David,

I agree, so that is why it is my view that CCTV should not be held by the
premises on which the cameras sit.

I think CCTV should be available to Neighbourhood Watch via secure online
access on a live basis and then fed into encrypted government-secured
databases, which are only accessed when a complaint is made.

I am currently writing up a research paper where I interviewed someone who
went through the whole criminal court process before being discharged,
because of allegations made against him my former health service colleagues
he whistleblew on. There was CCTV that would have in his view proven he was
assaulted and not the other way around, but because it was held on the
premises it went missing.

So if CCTV was encrypted remotely after it was recorded, then the only
reason other parties would come into it was as potential witnesses to
confirm what was recorded.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan