er security policies can actually lead to worse overall security in practice. For example, a company might require its employees to have longer passwords that expire every 60 days. But this makes it harder for employees to remember how to log in. To cope with this burden, they start writing down passwords on Post-It notes and just change one character in a password at a time—for example, going from “my#Passwd1” to “my#Passwd2.”

http://bit.ly/1MHACov
http://bit.ly/1MHACov+

--
Peterk