Hi,

Each member of staff has a personal network drive that only they can access. At the moment these drive are not size limited, as a result some users store vast amounts of data on their personal drives. Because we have 5000+ personal drive it is difficult to audit them and there are concerns that staff are storing personnel information on these drives rather than using the central HR system. To combat this we have proposed a 2 gig size limit on these drives.

Does anyone else use personal drives?
If so are there any restrictions on the size of them in your organisation?
If you have unlimited personal drives how do you audit them?

Any thoughts or insights are much appreciated

Many thanks,

Jamie Bradbury

Principal Review and Development Officer
Corporate Strategy & Commissioning
East Riding of Yorkshire Council

___________________________________________________________________________________ This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that the East Riding of Yorkshire Council is able to, and reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network. If you have received this email in error please notify our mail manager at [log in to unmask] Whilst every effort has been made to check for viruses in this e-mail and any attachments, the Council does not warrant that it or they are free of viruses. If in any doubt then please ask for the hard copy.   ­­   To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]