Hi,

Each member of staff has a personal network drive that only they can
access. At the moment these drive are not size limited, as a result some
users store vast amounts of data on their personal drives. Because we have
5000+ personal drive it is difficult to audit them and there are concerns
that staff are storing personnel information on these drives rather than
using the central HR system. To combat this we have proposed a 2 gig size
limit on these drives.

Does anyone else use personal drives?
If so are there any restrictions on the size of them in your organisation?

If you have unlimited personal drives how do you audit them?

Any thoughts or insights are much appreciated

Many thanks,

Jamie Bradbury

Principal Review and Development Officer
Corporate Strategy & Commissioning
East Riding of Yorkshire Council

are addressed.

Please note that the East Riding of Yorkshire Council is able to,
and reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through
its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail manager
at [log in to unmask]

Whilst every effort has been made to check for viruses in this e-mail
and any attachments, the Council does not warrant that it or they are
free of viruses. If in any doubt then please ask for the hard copy.