Piggy-backing onto Meg's query, has anyone any good suggestions for how to
translate 'preposito'?  It's the term used for the head priest of a
'prepositura', and as I understand it that's a clerical community in  a
privately-founded institution.  I've been using 'provost' but am open to
better suggestions.

Laura

Dr. Laura Jacobus
Senior Lecturer in History of Art
Birkbeck College, University of London

For details of my book on Giotto and the Arena Chapel see
http://www.brepols.net/Pages/ShowProduct.aspx?prod_id=IS-9781905375127-1