>     "Cormack, Margaret Jean" wrote:
>
>     I´m wondering if there is a good English translation for the term
> 'archpriest' who in the case I am interested in appears to be the 'head'
> priest at a cathedral?

Er, if that's what it says, it is best to stick with "Archpriest"! I don't have
them to hand, but see A. Hamilton Thompson, The English Clergy and their
Organization in the Later Middle Ages, and Kathleen Edwards, The English Secular
Cathedrals in the Middle Ages for the way that the "Archpriest" is (gradually)
replaced by "Dean" (and also "Rural Dean").

John Briggs