*With Traditional apologies for cross posting on multiple Britarch lists*

You can see Issue 2 of Historic England's online magazine featuring research highlights, either as web pages, or download the whole magazine as a PDF.
Web pages: https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/

PDF: http://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/historic-england-research-2/

Articles that may particularly interest fellow Britarchers are:

-New findings from examining the Staffordshire Hoard- especially into the techniques behind the construction of the artefacts
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/the-staffordshire-hoard/

-Historic graffiti
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/historic-graffiti/

- Tintagel legends: An exploration of how medieval perceptions of legends may have shaped the building of the real Tintagel Castle.
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/tintagel-and-the-legend-of-tristan-and-yseult/

- Earthworm calcite dating
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/earthworm-calcite-and-dating/

- Patterns under the plough- some recent aerial survey results from England's claylands
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/patterns-under-the-plain/

- Data on the Roman countryside
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/new-resource-for-studying-romano-british-countryside/

-Lost Landscapes: Recent research and synthesis on the Palaeolithic in Britain.
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/lost-landscapes/

There are is also an article on Historic England's approach to "foresight"- sometimes also called "futures research", which is essentially looking out for long term trends and issues that may impact on the historic environment- and how to deal with them
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/foresight-for-the-future/

And also a piece on how Historic England is working with the Higher Education sector
https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/periodicals/historic-england-research/stand-by-for-impact/

We hope you enjoy this issue and find it useful!
Best wishes
Robin

Robin Page
Heritage Protection Programmes Online Coordinator
Research Group
Direct Dial: 01793 414617

http://www.historicengland.org.uk/about/what-we-do/action-plan/

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.