Archivists live for finding the "ultimate" original record, whether it comes in the form of a letter, photograph, sound recording or as moving images. Rarely will 100 year old records come through the door of archives in our province, but when it happens, it is something to celebrate. And what better time to celebrate than during Archives Week in British Columbia, which happens annually during the third week of November.

A collection of valuable records ranging from 1867 to 1916 have recently been acquired by the Ktunaxa Nation Council Archives in Cranbrook. They are original records of Michael Phillipps, who was one of the first homesteaders and government officials in the area.

http://bit.ly/1lagHY8
http://bit.ly/1lagHY8+

--
Peterk