GUELPH — A newly released collection of centuries-old recipes is making waves in the food and medical history fields throughout the world. The book, The Johnson Family Treasury: a Collection of Recipes and Remedies, 1741 – 1848, was discovered in Guelph.

Nathalie Cooke, professor of English at McGill University, was searching the archives at the University of Guelph when she came across the bound book, dating back to 1741. Jen Rubio, editor of The Johnson Family Treasury, explains, "Nathalie was looking for interesting titles on the database, and she came across this book. She was fascinated by it. After two years of research we pulled all of the work together and created this book."

http://bit.ly/1PD6twr
http://bit.ly/1PD6twr+

--
Peterk