**Apologies for cross-posting**

Please find details of Policy Press' latest titles in Ageing & Gerontology below.

You'll also be interested to hear that our journal, Families, Relationships and Societies, is completely FREE for the whole of November. Access the journal for free here.

Keep up to date in this area by signing up to our Ageing & Gerontology newsletter.

And don't forget to sign up to the Policy Press newsletter before you order - you'll get a code that gives you 35% off all our books.

Latest titles in Ageing & Gerontology

NEW IN PAPERBACK
Safeguarding older people from abuse
Angie Ash
"This book is written with clarity of purpose and perspective and deserves to be read widely." Liz Lloyd, University of Bristol
This critical and challenging book makes a strong case for the development of ethically-driven, research-informed policy and practice to safeguard older people from abuse.

Ageing, meaning and social structures
Jan Baars, Joseph Dohmen, Amanda Grenier and Chris Phillipson
"A much-needed integration of two relatively new but flourishing areas of ageing studies." Peter G. Coleman, University of Southampton
Ageing, meaning and social structure makes a major contribution to understanding key social and ethical dilemmas facing ageing societies.

The new science of ageing
Alan Walker
"Provides a benchmark against which future research into ageing will be measured." Chris Phillipson, University of Manchester
This unique book represents the first multi-disciplinary examination of ageing, covering everything from basic cell biology, to social participation in later life, to the representations of old age in the arts and literature.

Retiring to Spain
Anya Ahmed
"A beautifully crafted book confirming the importance of subjectivity and agency framed within persistent gendered social worlds." Louise Ackers, University of Salford
This book is a study of nostalgia, belonging and community which provides a new theoretical framework for understanding retirement migration.

Ageing, insight and wisdom
Ricca Edmondson
"Ricca Edmondson’s critical expedition transforms our understanding of ageing as artful, ethical, meaningful and deeply human." Stephen Katz, Trent University
This book focuses on older people as makers of meaning and insight, highlighting the evolving values, priorities and ways of communicating that make later life fascinating.

Population ageing from a lifecourse perspective
Kathrin Komp and Stina Johansson
"Population ageing is a key social issue, yet seldom studied as a lifecourse phenomenon. This contribution fills the gap in the literature."Jani Erola, University of Turku, Finland.
This timely volume, part of the Ageing and the Lifecourse series, argues that the lifecourse perspective helps us understand the causes and effects of population ageing.

COMING SOON...

Long-term care reforms in OECD countries
Cristiano GoriJose-Luis Fernandez and Raphael Wittenberg
The book brings together evidence from over 15 years of care reform to examine changes in long-term care systems occurring in OECD countries.

Baby boomers
Naomi Woodspring
This study of the baby boomer generation, who are now entering old age, breaks new ground in ageing research.

Don’t forget we also publish a number of respected academic journals including Families, Relationships and Societies (free for November - details above) and Critical and Radical Social Work.

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here
Out now in paperback:

Andrew Sayer
Winner of the 2015 British Academy Peter Townsend Prize

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5940

Twitter: @TPPjess

I am in the office Monday am, Tuesday am, Wednesday and Friday, on other days please contact [log in to unmask]

Keep in touch:

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent through the Ageing in Europe mailing list. Please visit the homepage of the ESA Research Network on Ageing in Europe at http://www.ageing-in-europe.org ----------------------------------------------------------------