Hi  Jess

We charge for HER searches based on a set and hourly rate, all searches conducted by the Strategic Planning Team will be charged at an hourly rate of 115 for the first hour, and then 46 per subsequent hours (or part thereof), plus VAT. In response the HER search and report conducted by RCBC staff within 10 working days. An expedited search and report service is available where a response will be provided within 2 working days. For this service there is a charge of 190 for the first hour, and 65 per subsequent hours (or part thereof), plus VAT. Users are still welcome to visit the HER in person, but by prior appointment only, and conduct their search for free for the first half hour, followed by 35 per hour plus VAT, and in all cases additional charges for printing, postage etc are applicable. We may allow our consultant to directly support applicants in preparing briefs etc in very limited circumstances but at their cost but this is not very often, generally I pick up the costs of assessing post decision conditions etc. On a major application with significant HER implications I would look to recover abnormal costs in a Section 106 agreement.

We withdrew from Tees Archelogy along with a couple of other LPAs because we were not getting VFM, we now employ a consultant archaeologist who advised on the set up of the HER and its ongoing management  and he does case advice also. Our associated costs have reduced from around 40k a year to 15k and we have the benefit of a locally managed HER resource and on call advice. The service is unlikely ever to be self-funding which is the objective but we offset as much cost as we can and we find developers, on the whole, are happy to pay if the service is of a good quality.

We do not charge pre application advice at present but that may come.

Regards

Adrian Miller

Adrian Miller BA (Hons) Dip TP MRTPI

Regulatory Services Manager

Regeneration Directorate

Redcar and Cleveland House

Redcar

Yorkshire

TS10 1RT

DD 01287 612454

Mob 07833 294467

Government Security Markings

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED  - IMPACT LEVEL 0

Information that is destined for the public or subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations