From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jess Tipper
Sent: 06 October 2015 10:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Charging for HER searches and planning advice

Dear All,

I'm in the process of negotiating a charging schedule for the purpose of recovering the Council's costs of delivering it's archaeological service (both for undertaking commercial HER searches and for advice), and it has been called-in by Councillors (so I have to defend the proposal at Scrutiny Committee next week).

I would be very grateful to know how many other local authorities still do not yet charge for these :

a. HER/UAD searches

b. for advice (preparing the brief, monitoring fieldwork, scrutinising the WSI and report, etc.).

Many thanks in advance,

Jess

Jess Tipper
Archaeological Advisor, Commercial Services, Colchester Borough Council, Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Colchester, Essex CO3 3WG
Tel: 01206 508920 or 07961 804443
www.colchester.gov.uk<http://www.colchester.gov.uk/>