Oxfordshire County Council Job Advert: Historic Landscape Characterisation Officer

Salary: 25,440- 27,924 per annum

Apply before 11/11/2015

No postal applications please

Telephone for application help: 0300 555 0223

Telephone for job enquiries: 01865 810825

Ref: OCC1908858
Department - Environment and Economy
37 Hours per week
Temporary
12 months contract

As part of a national programme funded by Historic England and local authorities, you will complete the historic landscape characterisation of Oxfordshire. This project aims to deliver county-wide assessments and GIS data, showing the cultural origins and development of the present day landscape.
Working with our County Archaeology Team you will liaise with partners and stakeholders through regular meetings, presentations and workshops. You will extensively use GIS and databases with a focus on characterising, digitally mapping and evaluation of the historic dimension of landscape.

With a degree or equivalent in Archaeology or related subject, you will have a good understanding of landscape development and will be a confident user of GIS (preferably Map Info) and historic environment database software (preferably HBSMR). Your previous experience will include creating and using historic landscape characterisation data, data collection and analysis, production and management of reports, together with the study of historic maps and documents.

Additional information on the application process - Our Organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.

Contact details for an informal discussion - Susan Lisk, Historic Environment Record Officer, on 01865 810825

Interview Date- 24 November 2015

For more information (job description and person specifications) and to apply online, please visit www.newjob.org.uk . Alternatively, to request an information pack, please call us on 0300 555 0223. Textphone users only can call free on 0808 100 2484.

This email, including attachments, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete it immediately. Views expressed by the sender may not be those of Oxfordshire County Council. Council emails are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer