Bedford BC - OFFICIAL-Unsecure

Dear all,

I have had an HER enquiry regarding WWI and WWII military sites.

The part of the question upon which I am stumped is the following:

Would not all military locations of the period have been subject to exemption from payment of Council Rates? And, if this was so, then surely such exemptions would have been recorded somewhere?

I would be grateful if anybody has any information on this. I am aware that visiting forces are currently exempt from business rates.

Many Thanks

Vanessa Clarke
Senior Archaeological Officer (Planning)
Environment & Sustainable Communities
Bedford Borough Council
Borough Hall, Cauldwell Street, Bedford, MK42 9AP
01234 718560 (47560)
Web www.bedford.gov.uk<http://www.bedford.gov.uk/>

All general planning information is available on our website: www.bedford.gov.uk/planning<http://www.bedford.gov.uk/planning>

However, if the information is not available online, you will need to complete a request for advice on our pre-application enquiry form and pay the appropriate fee. Full information of this service and the online enquiry form can be found via this link www.bedford.gov.uk/planningenquiries<http://www.bedford.gov.uk/planningenquiries>

Information security classification of this email: OFFICIAL-Unsecure

EMAIL CLASSIFICATION DEFINED:

*** OFFICIAL-INTERNAL: This message is intended for internal recipients only.

*** OFFICIAL-UNSECURE:  This message and any attached file(s) do not contain personal or sensitive information which requires it to be sent encrypted.

**** OFFICIAL-SECURE: Either this message or any attached file contains either personal or commercially sensitive information that requires it to be sent encrypted.

All email traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. This email and any attached file are the property of Bedford Borough Council. Any opinions expressed in this mail do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Bedford Borough Council.

† Bedford Borough Council is continuously working towards the requirements of the Public Sector Network and Data Protection Act

“Confidentiality:  The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment may be confidential and may contain legally privileged information.  It is intended only for the use of the named recipient.  If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system.  In such an event, you should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person, or print it.”