Perhaps "equality" is a modern concept.

And equality of what?

Influence
Opportunity
Social choice

It has often been argued that male domination us all about restricting female mating opportunities. After all, they said, whilst everyone knows their mother, only the wisest know their father.

I wonder if this applies equally in matrilineal societies as in patrilineal?

Dave Tooke

Sent from my iPhone