Orion in his recent UNITY post proclaimed Professor Mike Parker-Pearson's "spring find" finally confirms the Stonehenge Moat. John Wood (and I) have raised some questions on this "moat" idea. And in Orion's response on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:01:07 -0400 to John Wood he gives a link to where his "Moat Hypothesis" can be found.

None of Orion's arguments for the moat are convincing and supported by the evidence. Among many, one in particular. If the builders' intent was to have unimpeded flow of water, why built a "moat in segments" which would clearly impede the flow? And wont the water flow eventually erode away any such physical barriers made of chalk?

The "Stonehenge Moat" does not make sense to me. Does it make sense to you? Why?

Kostas

From: Orion <[log in to unmask]>
To: BRITARCH <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Fri, Oct 23, 2015 01:02 PM
Subject: Re: [BRITARCH] UNITY

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>OK John, let me pace you through it.  I have been over this only about
3,000
times so you need to bear with me.

I assure you that the effluence
from the moat is accounted for.

It flows from the outlet of the moat at the
east and flows via a trench
(downhill naturally) past Bush Barrow and on down
hill to Stonehenge (oops,
Rockhenge) Bottom eventually flowing into the Avon at
the Village of Lake
about 6 miles down stream from West Amesbury.

Now let's
see if we can find the text and maybe a picture.

You may like to print these
steps so you will have them to follow.

Step #1 First go
here:

Step
#2  Scroll down to where you see this heading:

The surrounding moat of
Stonehenge comprises three distinct parts:

You're doing well.

Step#
3

Now drop down a little till you see (underlined) northwest
reservoir

Step #4

Left click on northwest reservoir

Now you should see
some numbered text, but no picture.

Step#5

To see a picture, you need to
click on some of those black vertical lines at
the top of the screen.

Are
you getting the picture?

If so, take a look at the area at the top of the
picture and try to find a
dark line marked 5 -6-7.

That dark line is a
trench that carries the effluence away from the moat of
ROCKHENGE and as a
result the entire monument is not flooded.

See how easy it is?

At
11:16 AM 10/23/2015 +0100, you wrote:
>Orion,
>
>This is all good and fine
having a spring supplying the moat, but the
>level of the moat needs regulating
otherwise the continual supply of
>water would flood the entire
site.

>Perhaps what would be needed is some form of drainage channel,
running
>downhill from the site to a safe outflow such as a river, lets
say.

>The channel would need some form of containment, perhaps a dug
channel
>or just manmade levees either side.
>
>So we need to consider
looking for a structure that fulfills these
>requirements, leading away from
the site. A fluvial channel, like a
>stream, with the characteristic erosional
features along its bed that
>we would expect from similar natural
features.

>One wonders of anyone has identified any structures that might
satisfy
>this notion?

</tt></pre>