-----Original Message-----
From: Michael
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 2:43 PM Subject: Re: Help me: Old English
crude language

John, Carol,

thanks for the help.

I finally found Robert Frank's "Sex in the Dictionary of Old English"
itself within: "Unlocking the Wordhord: Anglo-Saxon Studies in Memory of
Edward B. Irving, Jr."

However, John raised an interesting point about whether references to
sexual anatomy were or were not seen as "crude" (lewd, vulgar). And the
riddles are just confusing me - as I can't work out whether they were
more or less open about sex at that period.

Mike

http://mons-graupius.co.uk