OK John, let me pace you through it.  I have been over this only about 3,000
times so you need to bear with me.

I assure you that the effluence from the moat is accounted for.

It flows from the outlet of the moat at the east and flows via a trench
(downhill naturally) past Bush Barrow and on down hill to Stonehenge (oops,
Rockhenge) Bottom eventually flowing into the Avon at the Village of Lake
about 6 miles down stream from West Amesbury.

Now let's see if we can find the text and maybe a picture.

You may like to print these steps so you will have them to follow.

Step #1 First go here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080828161148/http://orionbeadling.net/MOAT.html

Step #2  Scroll down to where you see this heading:

The surrounding moat of Stonehenge comprises three distinct parts:

You're doing well.

Step# 3

Now drop down a little till you see (underlined) northwest reservoir

Step #4

Left click on northwest reservoir

Now you should see some numbered text, but no picture.

Step#5

To see a picture, you need to click on some of those black vertical lines at
the top of the screen.

Are you getting the picture?

If so, take a look at the area at the top of the picture and try to find a
dark line marked 5 -6-7.

That dark line is a trench that carries the effluence away from the moat of
ROCKHENGE and as a result the entire monument is not flooded.

See how easy it is?