Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have been using the VBM8-toolbox to run a longitudinal analysis. I followed the instructions in the VBM8-toolbox manual, however I have been having trouble adding a covariate.

I have a patient group and control group, and two age groups (young and old). In total I have 49 individuals with two scans per person (98 scans total).

I put in subject as factor 1, group as factor 2, age group as factor 3 and time as factor 4.

I added the covariate as a 49x1 vector. with the covariate added the model refuses to run and I get the following error message:

Running 'Factorial design specification'

Failed 'Factorial design specification'

Index exceeds matrix dimensions

In file "/cns_zfs/system_s9_sparc/spm/spm-8-6313/spm_design_within_subject.m" (v4178). function "spm_design_within_subject" at line 81.

In file "/cns_zfs/system_s9_sparc/spm/spm-8-6313/config/spm_run_factorial_design.m" (v4537), function "spm_run_factorial_design" at line 508.

The following modules did not run:

Failed: Factorial design specification'

It runs fine if I take the coavariate out.

Am I doing something wrong here with the addition of the covariate?

Thanks.

Becky