I am researching the medieval Irish-German monastic connection, particularly the 12th-century repository of Irish Saints Lives available at Regensburg in the monastery of St. James whose patron/founding saint was Marianus Scotus. Is anyone familiar with the Vita Sancti Mariani that was kept there? I know only of a German translation of the Vita, and, since I don't read German, I was looking for an English-speaking historian/medreler who is familiar with the Life who could perhaps answer a few questions regarding it.
Many thanks,
Susan Weissman