Hi all,

Just as a further point to this, some idea of the size of your student body if you have a rough idea please, in order to frame it in some form of context.

Kindest regards

Steve

From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Stephen Blackburn [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stock count

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone would be prepared to share with me their stock count, particularly the number of books and journals in your libraries.  We are an FE college who run some HE courses also, so really FE institutions only relevant for comparison.

As you can imagine, the size of our collection is being brought into question and why we can't replace it all with ebooks!  So, some idea of an unofficial benchmark would assist me in writing a report justifying our stock.

I'll collate and anonymise for the list.

Regards

Steve Blackburn

Library Team Leader

Mid Cheshire College

Stephen Blackburn

Email: [log in to unmask]

Mid Cheshire College
Hartford Campus
Chester Road, Northwich,
Cheshire CW8 1LJ
T: 01606 74444
F: 01606 720700

Visit our website:  http://www.midchesh.ac.uk

Disclaimer
This E-mail transmission is confidential and intended for the addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the person or organisation to whom it is addressed, you must not look at its contents, copy or distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.
Accordingly, Mid Cheshire College disclaims all responsibility and accept no liability ( including in negligence ) for the consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written confirmation.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephoning 00 44 (0)1606 74444. Please also delete the message from your computer.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and or publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited.