There's certainly no way that the 'traditional' lcg-tags mechanism is going to work against an ARC CE, but I have a dim recollection from a while ago that ARC might have a different but broadly equivalent mechanism of its own, but it's never been particularly interesting to us because we pretty much stopped doing per-system installed software and moved to cvmfs at about the same time we started running ARC CEs.

So, in short, I think the answer is 'no'. Do we have anyone still wanting to use them, or is this a documentation clean-up?

Ewan