1.      How much time do you give the student to collect them?  Eg three months. Six months? We keep certificates for 5 years

2.      Do you give them an hard backed envelope or something else to take the certificate away in. We store in plastic punched pockets and if collected in person they take them away in this. If we leave certificates at our reception desk we leave them in “normal” envelopes, if we post out we use a hard backed envelope

3.      What do you do with the certificates that are not collected? We store for 5 years. We regularly put messages on Facebook reminding students to collect certificates.

4.      Do you post certificates out to students who do not live in the area?  If so what radius do you apply eg 10 miles 20 miles? We post out to private candidates, adult students(evening classes) and then if someone particularly requests as they are not able to collect. We don’t like doing this as we have had problems with Royal mail not tracking recorded items.

5.      If someone wants to collect a certificate on someone else’s behalf – do you allow this? Do you ask for written confirmation from the student that they want someone else to collect it? Yes we allow letters of authorisation.

I would dearly love to be able to post out all certificates but I’m not allowed to due to the costs involved.

Shirley

Mrs Shirley Westall

Examinations Manager

New College

New College Drive

Swindon

SN3 1AH

T: 01793732876

M: 07815828323

F: 01793436437

Centre 66528

I am seeking some information regarding despatching certificates, at the moment we post certificates out to the student’s home address, but this is becoming too expensive and we are looking at asking the student to come into College to collect them.

I would like seek the advice of other Colleges who ask students to collect certificates the following:

1.      How much time do you give the student to collect them?  Eg three months. Six months?

2.      Do you give them an hard backed envelope or something else to take the certificate away in

3.      What do you do with the certificates that are not collected?

4.      Do you post certificates out to students who do not live in the area?  If so what radius do you apply eg 10 miles 20 miles?

5.      If someone wants to collect a certificate on someone else’s behalf – do you allow this? Do you ask for written confirmation from the student that they want someone else to collect it?

I know I have many questions and I would really appreciate any information that you are willing to share.

Mandy Ogden
Examinations Officer
Doncaster College and University Centre
Registry | The Hub | Chappell Drive | Doncaster | DN1 2RF
T: 01302 553524

http://www.don.ac.uk

Doncaster College and University Centre

This email and any other attachments are not guaranteed to be free from viruses, and are for the intended addressee(s) only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material, so if you are not a named or intended addressee, do not use, retain or disclose such information. Any opinions expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily those of New College Swindon.