Susun Xiong is working on such a scale right now! Email address is [log in to unmask].

Lydia Brown
Direct: +1 (202) 618-0187
Cell: +1 (781) 854-6346
www.autistichoya.net (Portfolio)
www.autistichoya.com (Blog)

هذا البريد مرسل من هاتفي, من فضلك سماحني للإخطاء فيه شكرا!

بتاريخ ٠٣‏/٠٨‏/٢٠١٥ ٤:٣١ م، كتب "Shanna Katz" <[log in to unmask]>:
Hello -

I am a PhD student (hopefully soon to be PhD candidate) at the University of Denver's Graduate School of Social Work. For my dissertation, I plan to create and validate an ableist microaggressions scale, and then examine how experiences of ableist microaggressions impact disabled folks.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how I can establish convergent and/or divergent validity, given that most research on ableism is qualitative, and there are no "experiences of ableism" scales (at least that I have found) to use for correlation purposes. Does anyone have suggestions on similar constructs (which are measurable in a survey) that would be convergent with experiencing ableist microaggressions, or suggestions for things that likely should not be correlated that I could use as evidence of divergent validity?

Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

Thank you,

Shanna

--
Shanna Katz Kattari, M.Ed, ACS
PhD Student & Adjunct Faculty, University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work