Dear All

I am currently conducting research for an MA in Leadership Development; the outcome of my research will lead to recommendations for implementing a new Leadership Development Programme here at the University of Chester. As part of my research I would like to find out what other institutions in our sector offer their employees in terms of Leadership Development. Therefore, I would be very grateful if you could spare a few minutes to answer the questions below to assist me in my research. If you would be willing to provide responses to these questions, please can you email them to me by Friday 31st July 2015.

*         Does your University have a Leadership Development Programme?

*         Is the programme open to all or targeted at specific groups/grades?

*         How is the programme marketed to staff?

*         How are leaders selected for the programme? E.g. self-section, nominated by manger, etc.

*         Is there an application process involved, if so what form does it take?

*         How many staff participate in the programme each cohort?

*         How often does the programme run and how long does it last?

*         Is the programme accredited, if so who by?

*         Is the programme delivered internally by your staff development team or is an external provider used? If an external provider is used please could provide details of who this is?

*         What skills, knowledge and behaviours are leaders expected to develop as a result of participating in the programme?

*         How are these skills, knowledge and behaviours developed by the programme?

*         What methods of development are used in the programme? I.e., classroom based workshops, coaching, mentoring, 360 feedback, online learning, action learning etc.

*         How is the programme evaluated?

*         What feedback have you had from leaders who have participated in the programme about its effectiveness?

*         Please provide any other information that you think might be relevant to my research.

If you have any questions about my research please do not hestitate to contact me.

Many thanks in advance, your responses are much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Gemma Edwards

L&D Business Partner
Learning and Development
Human Resource Management and Payroll Services
The University of Chester
Ext 2241

[cid:image006.png@01D0B4DA.F9E096A0]

[cid:image007.png@01D0B4DA.F9E096A0]