this ought to provoke some interesting discussions - Phillippa Russell has worked with Afiya Trust and others interested in Diversity, but we do know that a lot of discharge preparation and outco0mes are not as good as they should be for minority ethnic groups - too many assumptions by the ward clerks etc! And not enough follow-up and preparation for independent living - make sure patients and their carers/ families understand their condition and prognosis (eh, wassat, a prog....thingy?)

Mark

Mark R D Johnson
Emeritus Professor of Diversity in Health & Social Care
Mary Seacole Research Centre / CEEHD
De Montfort University Leicester LE1 9BH

please use e-mail: telephone messages may not be received

The Challenges of Hospital Discharge
8th July, 9.30am-4.00pm
Resource for London, 356 Holloway Rd, London, N7 6PA

Attend a Conference that will contribute to your professional Development.
Have you booked Your Ticket !!

Hospital discharge is one of the most complex processes which can have a detrimental impact on the quality of services,  and the experiences of  patients , carers and professionals involved.

I would like to bring to your attention the opportunity to attend one of our conference which aims to improve the quality of health and social care  services for carers and patients and health, social care,  and allied professionals involved in hospital discharge planning.

Our conferences are solution focus through bringing together, key experts, health, social care professionals, allied professionals and partner organisations, to identify complex issues that impact on the experiences of carers, patients and professionals.

Our first conference shall be addressing the “Complexities of Hospital Discharge”.

We have key expert speakers  Liz Sergant (NHS England) and Charlotte Buckley (DH) Dame Phillipa Russell(Carer)will share their knowledge and experience , along with  a diversity of participants, to promote evidence based practice.

Please find enclosed information about the conference, which I trust that you will see the value in your organisation attending.

Booking Link: *https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-challenges-of-hospital-discharge-tickets-17009493854

www.mprovenetwork.com<http://www.mprovenetwork.com/>

I look forward to meeting you.

Yours sincerely,