[page1image408]

Invitation to complete Jisc Business Intelligence maturity survey

Jisc and HESA have joined forces to deliver a new national business intelligence service for UK education and research, due to launch this November. We aim to help institutions and their staff to gain the benefits good business intelligence (BI) can bring. As part of the work, we are launching a BI maturity survey and we warmly invite you to get involved.

The maturity survey

The survey draws on a BI maturity model for Higher Education, a major new asset for universities wishing to gain a fresh insight into where they currently sit in respect of differing aspects of their BI capability. We recommend you work through the nine questions with appropriate colleagues (our experience indicates an hour of effort will be required). The conversations will be of value in themselves and your response will contribute to a national picture. We’re therefore asking for one response per institution coordinated by the Head of planning.

On 16 July 2015 we covered this in detail via a webinar with over 70 delegates. You can hear about its application across 200 institutions in the US and the benefits of taking part in the UK survey through this recording (click the link to download the file then open it), while the slides and list of Q&A's are available from our website.

What’s in it for you and your institution?

By completing this survey we will provide access to your institutional responses benchmarked against other institutions in the UK. We will also pursue benchmarking across Europe and the US.

You will be able to:

  *   Learn about the aspects identified in successful implementation of BI

  *   Identify your current maturity level and set a desired one

  *   Consider the dimensions for improvement, use them to develop an implementation plan

and monitor your progress

  *   Raise awareness of your current capability to justify existing resourcing or help make the

case for improvement

  *   Gain insight into the relationships between BI and other strategic initiatives

  *   Identify institutions that may have useful knowledge and experience

How to get involved

Convene a group of colleagues to include your Head of planning and come to a consensus, then upload your responses to the live survey (one response per institution).

The survey is available until 11 September 2015 and we aim to provide analyses by visualisations or interactive dashboards around 9 October 2015

With best wishes,

The HESA and Jisc business intelligence project team

[cid:4679C4AD-B677-449E-AB84-D5C35656FEDD]
<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/>

Myles Danson
Senior Co-design Manager
T 07796336319