Dear colleagues,

I hope that you will forgive me for plugging a forthcoming international conference for which I am a co-organiser. This is the Advisory Board on the Law of the Sea (ABLOS) conference on:

UNCLOS: Advances in Managing the Blue World

I would like to invite papers for presentation at the conference which will take place in Monaco from 20-22 October 2015.

Indicative themes for conference papers include:

Advances in marine spatial planning, management and administration

Integration of maritime limits and boundaries in digital systems

Enhanced vessel monitoring systems and vessel traffic schemes

Defining and regulating the outer continental shelf

Realising blue carbon futures

Protecting marine resources and preserving maritime environment

Developments in the establishment of marine protected areas

Impacts of climate change on the oceans

Trends in maritime delimitation and dispute resolution

While paper proposals are by no means limited to the themes above I would imagine that those related to maritime limits and boundaries as well as Article 76 issues will be of interest to a number of list members.

Please see the conference website for details at: http://www.ablosconference.com/

Keynote speakers are now confirmed as Nick Lambert (former UK National Hydrographer) and Professor David Freestone (George Washington University and Executive Secretary of the Sargasso Sea Commission).

Please note that ‘early bird’ registrations close in just under two weeks on 15 July.

I hope to see you in Monaco come October!

Best regards,

Clive

Professor Clive Schofield, PhD

Director of Research

Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS)

Challenge Lead, Sustaining Coastal and Marine Zones, UOW Global Challenges

University of Wollongong  | Wollongong  | NSW | 2522 | Australia

T + 61 2 4221 4446

F + 61 2 4221 5544

M 0468 638 878

E [log in to unmask]