Hi Kevin,

Very difficult as there doesn't seem to be a standard anyway for red and green. True green means on, i was thinking red on the other hand can mean on or off. So without standardisation and a method to detect the correct colour there is always going to be a problem. Better design and choosing better designed products seems the best way to go to me. Also carrying something to detect colour as others have suggested. It would be good to highlight the issue with the Design Council to my mind.

Good luck let's hope this changes.

Thanks
Karen

Sent from my iPhone