At DMU we enhance to match enhanced maternity and adoption pay provisions. We took equality issues and potential legal challenges into account (particularly as we have always matched adoption benefits to maternity) but the main driver was about sending a positive message to support the social policy objectives of the regs, and to support our Stonewall and Athena Swan objectives.

Thanks

________________________________
From: HEEON equal opportunities list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of McDuff, Nona P [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 July 2015 10:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Shared parental leave

Hello all

A couple of questions regarding your shared parental leave policy

1.       Is your institution adopting a statutory approach to parental leave for fathers/partners or are you matching  the enhanced  maternity pay provisions?

2.       When developing your policy did your institution take into account equality issues?

Many thanks
Nona

Nona McDuff   MSc  Cert Education
Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion I Vice Chancellor's Office

Chair of the Higher Education Race Action Group
Executive Board Member of Kingston’s Race and Equalities Council
Member of the London Higher Diversity in Leadership Project Steering Group
Member of Leadership Foundation Diversity Advisory Group

Kingston University London I  53-57 High Street I  Kingston upon Thames  I Surrey I KT1 1LQ
T 020 8417 4494 I Internal 64494 I  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> I www.kingston.ac.uk<http://www.kingston.ac.uk/>

 [cid:image001.jpg@01CB873E.4A14A460]
Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use of this email.