Hi Hartmut,

Could you please elaborate on why you think one should not use these templates to overlay activations on them in publication figures? I see them very commonly used and use them myself as long as my data are in MNI space. For example, also the T1 reference volume of SPM is commonly used for figures in journal articles.

Best,
Martin

Dear Katie,

For those who are interested in, this MNI template in MRIcroGL is a modification of the ICBM 152 2009b Nonlinear Asymmetric version with a voxel resolution of 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 mm^3 (as described in the COPYING.TXT in MRIcroGL), the orginal files (T1, T2, PD weighted including skull) can be obtained from http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ServicesAtlases/ICBM152NLin2009 . You shouldn't really rely on them if you haven't used them for preprocessing, but for popular press it should be okay ;-)

Best

Helmut