Hi,

thank you both.
I am analyzing a reinforcement learning task in which participants are
presented with a pair of stimuli and required to choose one. The choice is
followed by a probabilistic feedback (loss, reward or neutral, given the
specific condition).
The EV I am looking at is the estimated prediction error used as parametric
modulator of the onset of the feedback.
I am using an ROI of the ventral striatum that was independently built for
a previous study.
What I usually do is to first look at that EV whole brain level, than I
select the small volume and only look at the ROI. At the whole brain level
statistics look "normal", and a striatal activation is already evident.
This problem only arises when using the small volume option, and it
happened also using the same ROI with other contrasts.
I am not sure if these are exactly the kind of things you needed to know,
sorry, this is my first fMRI analysis ever.
Are there any other informations that I should give?

Many thanks!

Sara

- -
Sara Garofalo, MSc, PhD Student in Cognitive Neuroscience
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge University
Forvie Site, Robinson Way
Cambridge CB2 0SR (UK)
Tel: 01223 336956 (during office hours)
Mobile: +44 7475897028
email: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Profile on ResearchGate <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sara_Garofalo>
or Academia <https://cambridge.academia.edu/SaraGarofalo>