Solution 1 would be the better approach. Solution 2 runs into the same issue as the two separate models -- you are using the absence of an effect to conclude there is a difference. For a discussion on this issue, please read:
Erroneous analyses of interactions in neuroscience: a problem of significance. Sander Nieuwenhuis, Birte U Forstmann, and Eric-Jan Wagenmakers Nature Neuroscience 14, 1105 (2011). doi:10.1038/nn.2886 Nature Publishing Group, 2011 vol. 14 (9) pp. 1105-1109 http://ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/login?url=http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nn.2886

If you tested the contrast [1 -1] in solution 2, then this contrast would tell if the relationship in region A and B are different for the two behavioral measures.

One other caveat to both solution #1 and my proposed solution #2, both behavioral covariates need to be on the same scale. For example, height and weight would be bad covariates to compare because they differ by an order of magnitude, but Z-scored height and weight would be acceptable because they are both on the same order of magnitude.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren