Scott,
You should send your questions regarding MNE and/or MNE-python (for the
most part) to (http://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/mne_analysis)
or visit the MNE-python github page if questions concern the python code
specifically. Post to the appropriate list so that others may access the
thread in case the question arises again, if it hasn't already been
answered.

Assuming your SUBJECTS_DIR env variable is correctly set, arguments to
subject_from & subject_to should be strings for subject IDs (not paths) and
stc_from should be an stc object (c.f.
http://martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.morph_data.html?highlight=mne.morph_data#mne.morph_data
).

best,