Dear all,

**Apologies for cross-posting**

I am currently compiling research for my Master’s thesis on the theoretical and practical elements of exhibition and permanent collection catalogues. My research will lead me to produce a catalogue for the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands' permanent collection, and I have formulated a few questions as a starting point. It would be most helpful to get your feedback as curators and professionals:

What would you define as the key elements in your process when producing a catalogue?

How do you balance expectations of current audiences as well as engage potential audiences through the catalogue?

Is it possible to make a catalogue readable to all audiences that visit your institution?

How would you distinguish a successful catalogue?

What makes it distinctive?

What elements are crucial and what are optional variables?

What would you identify as the three distinct purposes of your exhibition catalogues?

Thank you very much in advance for your time. Also, if you feel there are important elements that I have missed or should place more focus on please do let me know.

Kindest regards,

Kerri-Anne Chisholm