A postdoctoral position in structural biology is available in the Shamoo Lab at Rice University (http://www.bioc.rice.edu/~shamoo/shamoolab.html ).  The successful candidate must have experience in X-ray crystallography as well as biochemistry. Candidates should hold a PhD degree in biophysics or biochemistry.

Additional useful experience in one or more of these technical areas is also desirable:

·         Enzyme kinetics

·         Ligand (DNA/RNA) binding studies

·         Molecular biology

Our group studies the evolution of antibiotic resistance in clinical pathogens. We use a combination of experimental evolution, genomics and biochemical approaches to understand the biophysical basis for newly evolved resistances. Candidates must also have very good interpersonal skills to work in our highly interdisciplinary research team and be able to assist in the mentoring of students.

Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and the names of three references to [log in to unmask]

Rice University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.

Yousif Shamoo, Ph.D.

Rice University

Vice Provost for Research

Professor, Department of Biosciences