Dear all,
I just learned that the attached PDF was not passed to the BB.
Here is the add.
Best,
Xavier

4 PhD student positions available at the Structural Biology Department of IBMB-CSIC. Unit of Excellence “María de Maeztu

The “María de Maeztu” Structural Biology Unit of IBMB-CSIC aims to understand the cell machinery by studying proteins, nucleic acids and their interactions from a structural perspective, with a strong emphasis on the regulation of nucleic acid replication and transcription, the structure-function analysis of proteases and other enzymes related to human diseases, the study of different pathogens (including viruses) and the study of cellular organelles such as peroxisomes and mitochondria.

We are looking for young scientists from the national and international community who wish to do their PhD in a stimulating environment, rich in technological resources. We encourage applications from highly motivated biologists, biochemists, chemists, physicists, pharmacologists and computational scientists with outstanding qualifications.

We offer a total of 4 pre-doctoral contracts (available applying to an external call from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness) to carry out research in one of the following research lines:

- Development of computational methods in macromolecular crystallography

- DNA Topology

- Structure-function characterization of proteins involved in physiopathologies

- Structure and function of multi-component complexes

Enquires and documentation should be addressed to: Núria Verdaguer (Scientific Director of the Unit) [log in to unmask]

Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Friday, June 19, 2015

Applicants will be asked to include the following documents:

Applicants should indicate up to two research lines in which they would like to work, in order of preference.  Students will be selected on the basis of academic and technical excellence as well as motivation to work at the Structural Biology unit and reference letters.

Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews, before June 25, 2015. Offers of admission will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interviews.

 Applicants who have not been successful but have received a positive evaluation will be put on a waiting list to cover possible renunciations.

--
F. Xavier Gomis-Rüth
Research Professor CSIC