I've been following this discussion with great interest. As I'm no longer in the UK it may not be my place to say - but then again I've not let that stop me in the past - and also I was a UK tax payer  at the time these resources were created - so I think I shall say what I'm guessing most people must be thinking:

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?????

The subject centres were widely acclaimed as the most useful element of the HEA when the community was surveyed some years ago - but they were dropped and the central HEA kept on.... we were told, as I recall, that the subject centre work would continue in some form
So who has taken the decision to remove these valuable resources, or make them so difficult to find?

Is it possible to reverse the decisions have led to the current situation and reinstate the websites, even if they can't be further developed (although why that is impossible is beyond me)....?

Celia

Celia PopovicDirector
Teaching Commons

YORK UNIVERSITY
1046 TEL Bldg • 4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON • Canada M3J 1P3
T 416.736.2100 ext 55922 F 416.736.5704

[log in to unmask] www.yorku.ca www.yorku.ca/teachingcommons   Teaching Commons Communities of Practice - Join Now! TC Learning, Teaching and Assessment Programs

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.