Relevant to ongoing chats on complex academic writing?
why is this reading so hard?Posted on April 13, 2015by pat thomsonhttp://patthomson.net/2015/04/13/why-is-the-reading-so-hard/
Aye, indeed - because some things/ideas/concepts are difficult, complex, multilayered, challenging etc (and this is in no way limited to 'academic' writing)?Especially when they involve the challenging of dominant paradigms and accepted  'common sense'??
Fk me though - I wouldn't want some of the folk we know that supervise making the kinds of recommendations proposed! - the need to be critical of supervisors too?
Thinking its important to talk to students/colleagues about writing about it for ourselves (and sometimes others) as thinking and working through such difficult ideas?G

Work like you don't need money

Love like you've never been hurt

and dance like no-one's watching

"Education either functions as an instrument which is
used to facilitate integration of the younger generationinto the logic of
the present system and bring about conformity or it becomes the practice
of freedom, the
means by which men and women deal critically and creatively
with reality  and discover how to participate in the transformation
of their world." Paulo Freire (Pedagogy of the Oppressed)