Hi Katie,

We use Summon and we used to have the same problems with the discovery layer – particularly with the 700 fields (not being able to display subfield ‘e’ and the University of Liverpool’s local code), the Library Systems Manager managed to tweak the system, he said that something in Summon had been switched off.  It might be worth talking to the Systems Department in your Library.

Best wishes,

Clare

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katie Flanagan
Sent: 15 April 2015 14:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Provenance

We have a similar problem here with our library catalogue (Sirsi Dynix’s Symphony) and discovery layer (Summon). The “extra” detail, i.e. the 561 and 563 fields, plus things like 700s  only show up on the OPAC if you click on an extra button called “catalogue record” from the record. They don’t show up at all in Summon, which is really frustrating.

Has anyone else had any success with a discovery layer and rare books cataloguing?!

Katie Flanagan BA(Hons), MA, MCLIP

Special Collections Librarian

T +44 (0)1895 266139