I think this raises a good question about what should or should not be ignored.  In my own record I included the “abc..”  but I have seen books with all kinds or random scribbles and markings – where does one draw the line?

Karen

[I admit to not seeing the annotations on p. 9 – because I wasn’t looking through the digital image thoroughly enough – I would have seen it in real life!]

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of O'Brien, Iris
Sent: 16 April 2015 13:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Submission of Record 3

Here my example for record 3. I decided to ignore the “abc…” inscription on the paste-down and the inscription in pencil mentioning the author and title on the title page but I have included the annotations on p. 9.

Iris O'Brien

Early Printed Collections Cataloguing and Processing Manager

The British Library

St Pancras

96 Euston Road

London