Hi everyone

The 2014 Idea review has declined human-readable URLs for lists, so I am trying to work out how to do something without this capability. I wonder if I am just missing something, or making a mountain out of a molehill, because it doesn’t seem to be an issue I hear a lot about from other customers.

How do you use Google Analytics data to publicise Aspire lists and justify its’ worth? To be more specific, my subject librarian colleagues are interested in the top 10 (or more) lists, and the pattern of usage at different times of year. The reports that are generated can’t provide the top lists because the URL is meaningless – we can’t just forward the report to interested parties.  What I’m talking about is this list below, in case I’m not being clear:

Our options seem to be:

1)      someone with access to GA goes to the dashboard, clicks on each link to see where it goes and pastes the title into something shareable. There isn’t an obvious candidate for who would do that as our workflow is subject-based – we don’t have a central team. Unless I did it, which is not ideal for me – is this what everyone else is doing?

2)      Individual librarians use our team login to access the GA direct and negotiate through the other stuff to click on the links themselves – which is do-able, but as they just want a list of the top 10 seems like a faff for them.

Am I missing some easy way of getting a list of the top 10 lists accessed during a time period that I can share, or is this not something people are doing, or should I just make the list manually myself??

Any pointers welcome

Thanks

Claire

Claire Eskriett, Systems Librarian

(Usual working days are Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri)

Information Services

Cockcroft Building

University of Brighton

Lewes Road