Kim, Sarra, no criticism was intended as I hope my original email made clear - I welcome all research in this area. I am sorry that the UCISA survey does not seem to have reached even you two, who take such an interest. It was issued with directions to involve other staff with a remit for digital and information literacy, and in this case that seems not to have happened. However, that helps to confirm what other research shows - that this is a contested area with no clear ownership, as it affects our students in so many different ways. There is an opportunity for professional bodies to work together here. And there is existing data which although it may not describe any institution with full accuracy, certainly does help to answer Sarra's questions. Let's try to ensure there is cross referencing at least.

Very best
Helen