Hi Alison,

1.  Not yet, but it's currently an area of discussion.
2.  We don't have a data management policy but, like you, we have security policies which cover data security.
3.  No. We have a Management Information expertise group (practitioners) but no governance group at the moment.
4.  We have the beginnings of an enterprise data warehouse - it's early days for us but we have started to bring in data from our systems, initially the student records system.
5.  We have Qlikview and Business Objects. So far, Qlikview has been the main tool for new MI developments with Business Objects used more for operational reporting.
6.  We have a Head of MI in Strategic Planing (a relatively new role) and a BI team within IT Services. Also several other groups have reporting functions (student data, Finance, HR).

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Eade

Head of Business Systems